No two businesses are alike, and no two people are, either, so it’s tough to say “When X happens, hire a VA.”
Some people will tell you to hire one immediately even if you’re just starting your business. Others will tell you to wait until you’re bringing in a profit.
So, basically it’s more of a personal preference and what you feel is right for you. But, there are definitely some signs that will crop up telling you it’s time to start outsourcing.
New here? I also have the following posts to help women entrepreneurs outsource their business tasks like a boss:
- 4 Things to Consider Before Hiring a VA to Help You Launch a Course
- 5 Ways Email Can Help You Grow Your Business
- Overwhelmed? Here Are 11 Tasks to Outsource to Your Virtual Assistant!
- Fun Time Management Activities to Try With Your Team
- Hire a Ghostwriter to Help You Create Your Online Course
- Hire a Virtual Assistant to Help You Keep Your Funnel Filled With Clients
- Want to Outsource Facebook Ads? Ask These 5 Questions First!
And of course, you should definitely take my free quiz to find out the #1 task that you need to outsource to not only free up your time – but to give you the space to focus on revenue-generating tasks in your business.
1. You’re behind on invoicing
You’re so focused on running your coaching business and making sure to devote your time to your clients so you can give them above and beyond what they expect, that you forget to send this month’s invoices. Then you realize the cash flow seems to be on the scarce side.
If you had a VA, you wouldn’t have to worry about it, and could concentrate on supporting your clients instead.
2. You can’t keep up with email
You find yourself spending more and more time every day checking and answering email.
You respond to someone asking about your services – because obviously it’s important to connect with your prospects too and answer their questions – and then suddenly you find that you’ve lost 30 minutes of time going back and forth in an email conversation with them.
It’s time to hand this off to a VA who can answer for you or point them to (or create) a FAQ section on your website.
3. You spend hours trying to figure out how to do a single task
For an example, let’s say you’re not familiar with setting up an opt-in page, list, follow-up autoresponders, etc. You know it needs to be done so you decide to learn how to do it yourself. But after several hours of trying to figure things out you’re not any closer to finishing the project that you were in the first place. And you’re frustrated.
Here’s a test you can use to determine if you should learn a skill or outsource it:
- Will you have to do this task repeatedly? If so, it pays to learn it. If not, outsource it.
- Do you want to learn how to do the task just because you love to learn (and have the time)? If so, go for it. If not, outsource it.
4. You’re making little mistakes like spelling and grammar errors
Now, generally speaking this isn’t a huge deal. After all, we’re all human and it’s normal to send out content to a mailing list or publish something on the web that has an error here and there.
But if you’re making more and more common mistakes like spelling/grammar errors, or forgetting to add that link, then it’s time to bring on a VA and have them check this stuff for you.
5. You find yourself not having time for family and friends
Probably one of the reasons you started your coaching business in the first place was so you had more freedom to spend time with your friends and family.
So, if you get to a place where you’re ‘chained’ to your computer and find yourself saying no to family outings or lunch dates with friends, it’s time to lighten your load and hire a VA.
There are many other signs that would also suggest it’s time to bring a VA into your coaching business, but these are five of the most common.
And if you haven’t gotten to any of these places in your business, look at them as a ‘warning’ sign and hire a VA before you get to these points. You’ll be happy you did.
- How to Create Healthy Boundaries With Your Team - Sep 18, 2021
- 7 Ways to Inspire Your Team to be More Engaged and Motivated - Sep 17, 2021
- How to Overcome the Common Challenges of Outsourcing - Sep 16, 2021