Melissa Ingold believes that an entrepreneur truly steps into their power and joy when they shift out of their self-assigned job as task doer, and realign themselves with their true role as the visionary creator for their business.
Overcoming teen pregnancy, single parenting, poverty, and no business experience, Melissa built a highly sought after service business from the ground up. However, after 5 years of running her business single-handily, while taking care of 2 young children, a husband and managing a household, she was exhausted, frustrated, and just wanted to throw in the towel, crawl into bed, and hide under the covers until it all went away. But what she quickly discovered, is that her rock bottom break down was actually disguised as a life changing break-through.
In 2006, desperate to escape the cage her business had built around her, Melissa took a leap of faith and hired her first virtual assistant. It was a move that would change the course of her business and life forever. Over the next few years, in her new role as the visionary creator in her business, she transitioned out of the service industry, hired more help, restructured and streamlined her business model, and designed a business around her life, rather than forcing her life to conform to her business.
By 2010, Melissa’s team had been running her business for almost two years so she could work just a few hours a week and devote the rest of her time to taking care of her third child, a baby boy with special needs. In mid-June of that same year, her son passed away in his sleep just 8 days before his second birthday.
Today, Melissa attributes outsourcing and the support of her team for the magic that kept her business growing and making money, while she had the freedom of time to cherish every moment with her son.
Melissa now runs two successful businesses with the help of her fabulous team. She creates 50+ new products every year, runs multiple monthly membership programs, is an affiliate marketer, and has created a slew of fun projects with amazing joint venture partners.
After the loss of her beautiful son in 2010, Melissa has opened up about her experiences and shares her message about outsourcing to help other entrepreneurs bridge the gap between a business that takes all your time, energy, and joy to one that works for you and supports you in creating the life you’ve always dreamed about.
Charities and Causes that are Important to Melissa that She Supports:
- ChildrensGaucher.org – Supports research for the disease that her son was born with and passed away from.
- WorldVision.ca – Melissa has been a sponsor mama to a little boy since 2011.
- Kiva.org – A mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty and create opportunity around the world.
- Canadian Wildlife Federation – Conserve and inspire the conservation of Canada’s wildlife and habitats.
- Pachamama Alliance – Empowers indigenous people of the Amazon rainforest to preserve their lands and culture and, using insights gained from that work, to educate and inspire individuals everywhere to bring forth a thriving, just and sustainable world.
- Homeless shelters for abused women and children
- Supplying local food banks